Sunday, March 28, 2021

Zhou Ji Wanton Noodle @ 724 AMK Central Food Centre [Singapore] #amkcenrtalhawkercentre

It's once again my monthly visit to Ang Mo Kio for my hair treatment and while there are quite a number of hawker centres in the ageing town; 724 AMK Central Food Centre is always preferred due to its proximity!

I decided to try something new and opted for Zhou Ji Wanton Noodle, which appeared quite popular. And don't you think there's that simple, traditional vibe to that red signboard?! 

My simple wanton noodle; when it comes to old school wanton noodle, one iconic ingredient would be the pieces of visually unappetizing char siew! Trust me, they just don't taste as delicious as those with fats in the middle and glistened with charred, saccharine bits

Soup had four wantons; small as they should be although taste wise, pretty decent. At the very least, there was still a bit of taste to the miniscule meat filling within.

Now the noodle, after a mix to ensure the strands of noodle were covered in the ketchup and chilli sauce. When I was young, it's only ketchup and I only started going for chilli in my 20s; late considering that my elder sister started in her early teens! 

Thin and springy with a touch of tangy spiciness, this was the old school taste I enjoyed back in the good old days when a nice meal was all that matters, plus the option to get some sweets from the mamak shop.

Burp! 

======

Address
Block 724, Ang Mo Kio Ave 6, 
724 AMK Food Centre,#01-14, 
Singapore 560724

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Price
Wanton Noodle - S$3.00

2 comments: