Monday, November 09, 2020

Mrs Pho - Feeds You Like Family @ Vivocity [Singapore] #vivocity

I can't even remember when I last had Vietnamese cuisine but when a colleague suggested lunch at Mrs Pho at Vivocity; I immediately replied yes although I had never heard of it before. 

A small eatery greeted us when we arrived and to be honest, I was rather impressed with the interior design that endeavours to put you in an environment that appeared to be authentically Vietnamese. Well, I can't say for sure it's authentic as I have never been to Vietnam! 

Whatever the case, the slogan for Mrs Pho is "feeds you like family" and indicated on their website was a line that said they were "pho real" and there's no "bastardisation nor is there any ‘fusion’ on the menu here". That's some daring claims there but I guess only a Vietnamese can affirm how true that is.

The simple menu as above. I really appreciate when eateries made the effort to indicate signature / popular dishes on the menu; it's beneficial to people like me who couldn't decide what to have.

Similar to Hans im Glück German Burgergrill, you have the option to top up S$4.90 (nett) to have a complete meal. I can't resist ordering as it allowed me to indulge in an additional side (spring roll and meat ball / papaya salad) and a homemade drink (summer iced tea or lemongrass tea) at up to 60% off.

Should you have family members / friends who are big eaters, you can consider their sharing selection. A pity that my compatriots that day are not known for their huge appetite. Haha. Good also as there's a high chance I would overeat! 

Standard 'setup' while waiting for my food. Frankly, I didn't use any of them except for the cutleries since I am not adept in using my hands to eat my food. 

Lemongrass Tea (Cold)
- mixed with basil seeds, this was unexpectedly refreshing with just the right level of sweetness! Not sure why it was served in a bubble-tea cup; maybe the operator was thinking of going into the competitive bubble tea scene! 

Papaya Salad
- a friend got this and even though I am not a fan of unripe papaya; this was actually quite addictive with peanuts and shallots. Eventually, I ate more than 75% of it; thankfully, my friend was cool with my continuous movement attacking the small serving of papaya salad.

Fried Spring Roll with Mamma's Lucky Meatballs
- one was first date spread (signature dish) whereas the other was the family's favourite (staff picks with love); for me, the supposed best of both worlds.

Spring roll had a meatier filling than the ones I tried before at other Vietnamese eateries. I was way more impressed with the meatballs; even though there's a little bit of porky taste, the insides were juicy with a sweet marination that screamed of satisfaction! 

Mrs Pho Dry Noodle Combo
- ordered the combo without knowing that it also included the fried spring roll and mamma's lucky meatballs! Oh well, double the happiness then! 

Pouring the sweet sauce into the plate for a good toss; almost like what we do for the lao yusheng activity during lunar new year but this time, I didn't have to spew auspicious sayings.

Aided by the sweet sauce and well-marinated pork, it was a delightful slurp after slurp with the smooth noodles slithering down my throat! Frankly, there was nothing overly impressive yet the end feeling I got was simple satisfaction; just like how I feel whenever I have my mom's signature, home-cooked dishes.

I decided; I shall bring my parents here to try out the food next time! 

=====

Address 
1 HarbourFront Walk, 
#B2-29, Vivocity
Singapore 098585

Map
As above.

Website

Ordering List
As above.

Pricing
Mrs Pho Dry Noodle Combo - S$13.10
Top up to Meal - S$4.90
(Inclusive of GST, No Service Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment