Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Brown Sugar Boba Ice Cream Bar from Xiao Mei - Like Tiger Sugar in Ice Cream Form

I was more a bubble tea fan in my younger days and totally enjoyed chewing the pearls!  Nowadays, I would just go for the milk tea with reduced sugar and try to say no when the cashier asks if I want the calorie-laden pearls.

But my interest in pearls was rekindled in recent months when I overheard from a radio station about this particular brand of ice cream that contained bubble tea pearls that finally tasted much better than any of its competitors. Apparently, the rest had the taste of hard pieces of nose-shit; well, I have never attempted putting nose shit into my mouth so I can't comment further. 

Imported from Taiwan, the brand is Xiao Mei (小美) and I heard it had already created quite a storm in the lion city, with our huge bubble tea fan base! 

With just 4 packs in 1 box that cost about S$10.00, the ice cream definitely doesn't come cheap! And for purist bubble tea fan, I bet they would prefer to splurge a bit more on a proper cup of bubble tea drink. 

Nonetheless, I think this would still appeal to people who enjoy anything and everything with bubble tea pearls! Despite the expected high expectations, I must say I remain highly impressed after I chomped off the top of the ice cream bar. 

The rich, creaminess of milk enhanced with the burnt sweetness of brown sugar; this was literally the Brown Sugar Boba Milk from Tiger Sugar, in ice cream form! And the pearls were still soft and chewy even though they were encased within the ice cream. Do eat it quickly as the ice cream melts pretty fast! 

Now that Xiao Mei had caught my attention, should I be tempted and try their new pearls offerings like taro chunks and boba ice cream bar and, pudding and boba ice cream bar? Darn, I think I will be regaining the weight I lost during this pandemic! 

=====

Ingredients List
As above in case some of you have allergies.

Pricing
Brown Sugar Boba Ice Cream Bar - S$10.50 (4-in-1 Pack)

No comments:

Post a Comment