Thursday, November 05, 2020

Danone Ultimate Yoghurt (Black Cherry) - No Doubt The Work of the Master Yoghurt Makers Since 1919

A month ago, I was chatting with two friends about a brand of yogurt that I have been purchasing for the past few years to go with apples and one of them started gushing about the ones under the "Danoe" brand. 

I am never that observant and only started checking the display refrigerator when my regular brand ran out of stock! There they were; while excited, my eyes almost popped out when they caught sight of the price. It's bloody S$7.45 and that's after discount (original price was S$9.00)! 

Furthermore, the total weight was less than 400g and my usual brand was selling at about the same price for a kilogram! Nevertheless, I was desperate to clear the Fuji apples in my fridge and decided to buy just one pack. The flavour recommended by my friend was the black cherry.

Each pack came with two stacks of two-cup yoghurt and each serving was 115 grams. In the supermarket, I only noticed flavours like strawberry and blueberry although the Danoe ultimate website had honey, mango, salted caramel and even exotic ones like italian tiramisu, new york cheese cake, english sticky date pudding and french apple tart! 

My Fuji apple; dinner for the day.

Opening the cup of Danone Ultimate Yoghurt; do you know that on the label, it claimed to be the "Master Yoghurt Makers Since 1919"?! I love it when brands expressed such confidence as most of the times, they turned out to be a lot less impressive.

One notable observation; the texture was one of the thickest I had from yogurt and it's to the extent that the content remained stuck to my spoon. The last tub of yogurt I had, from Paul, was slightly less thick but the taste was a bit too sour for my liking; hope this wouldn't be the case here.

One bite and I was sold; it was super delicious with an aromatic creaminess and a noticeable cherry flavour that reminded me of black forest cake! You can definitely eat it on its own without the apples to increase its sweetness. Speaking of sweetness, it wasn't cloyingly sweet even though the sugar comparison with my usual brand indicated an almost double amount! 

Swept up in no time! 

Given the texture and taste, I wonder if it would be ice-cream worthy should I throw a cup into the freezer. Well, we shall know in the next few days! 

=====

Purchased From 
NTUC Fairprice (Northpoint)

Pricing
Danone Ultimate Yoghurt (Black Cherry) - S$7.45 (Discounted)

No comments:

Post a Comment