Sunday, November 22, 2020

Grasshopper in the Office (Again)

I was working in the office last week and while fumbling for some forms at my colleague's desk; a sudden movement caught from the corner of my eye made me jump and I took a closer look at the eventual spot it landed on.

A tiny grasshopper! 

As it's a Friday, there's no way I would leave the poor thing to 'starve' in the office! 'Kindhearted' me scooped it using my hands and brought it to the great outdoors where the man-made nature outside my workplace shall provide much nutrients (physically and mentally), and excitement. 

Look at its grateful expression; okay, it's more deadpan but I am not an animal whisperer and could only presume so much. Anthropomorphic presumptions can be quite dangerous though. 

While I am quite amused with having a grasshopper in the office, which isn't the first time, I am hoping I would not find any other non-human living thing in the office. It can be fun to break the routine sometimes, especially when one is busy, but I shudder to think what I would do if it is a snake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment