Monday, November 30, 2020

Empress Porridge - Delicious, Wholesale and Healthy Meal @ Fusionopolis (above one-north MRT Station) [Singapore]

When I first heard the name,
Empress Porridge, I envisioned the interior design of the shop to embrace the opulence beauty of imperial China with operational staff dressed in attire from the Qing Dynasty, including the wearing of horse-hoof shoes favoured by the empress and consorts.

Well, the staff members wore company tee shirts and the eatery couldn't have been more normal, with Christmas decorations captivating our eyes at the ordering counter. Anyway, it's not my first time trying Empress Porridge although I always purchase from its smaller outlet at NUH Medical Centre.

Menu was limited with just four dishes but I don't deviate from their signature empress porridge! I am not sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me as the portion here at Fusionopolis seemed much larger than the NUH Medical Centre branch. 

Don't be deceived by the plain outlook; give the porridge a stir and you would find, in addition to the braised peanuts and youtian, a lot of other quality stuff like dried scallops, dried shrimps, squid and pork collar! Grains used was a mix of white and brown rice.

I can never pinpoint the porridge style; it neither has that smooth consistency favoured by the Cantonese version nor the overly watery kind typically loved by the Teochews. What it had was a simple, delicious, wholesome flavour all locked into each and every grain; said to be the result of slow cooking! 

It might not be as luxurious as lobster porridge but I would still savor every spoonful put into my mouth until the whole bowl was cleaned out, with the exception of braised peanuts. p.s. the reason why I am a regular patron is because Alex loves Empress Porridge and often asks me to buy a pack for him whenever he works the morning shift on a weekday.

=====

Address
1 Fusionopolis Place,
Galaxis, #01-15,
Singapore 138522

Operating Hours
Mondays to Fridays - 11.00 am to 2.30 pm
(Closed on Saturdays and Sundays)

Website

Menu 
As above.

Pricing
Empress Porridge - S$5.80

No comments:

Post a Comment