Friday, November 27, 2020

Moo Story Mookata - Set Menu A (Platter for 2) @ Yishun (Opposite Safra) [Singapore] #mookata

A friend had cancelled me twice for mookata and my craving for it finally peaked a few days ago; I told myself I die-die must have my mookata! As I was working from home, somewhere near would be beneficial and a search on the web brought me to Moo Story which had a rating of 5.0 amongst 37 reviewers on Google!

Immediately after 6pm, I popped out of my house, strolled over to the block opposite Yishun Safra, took a look at the menu and within minutes, ordered the set menu a (platter for 2). Maybe because it was a Wednesday, the place wasn't as crowded as expected. 

For S$29.90, I think we got quite a decent set with vegetables, meat and seafood. At Thai Hao Chi Mookata, the set was pricier although I think the portion was also larger. Actually, I am not as picky as most importantly is the taste. 

Most important ingredient; the pork lard! It's nothing now but wait till it's charred and crispy; an absolutely delightful "snack" to indulge in at the end of the meal.

Vegetable platter - a mix of cabbage, sweet corn, mushrooms, carrots, kangkong, egg and tang hoon. Not my focus anyway as I am a meat eater when it comes to bbq / steamboat.

Meat platter - dory fish, squid, prawns, salmon, hotdog, crab stick, marinated pork, marinated chicken and pork belly. You know what I am looking for to? The chicken and pork as the Thai marination is always so addictive! I would normally order extra servings but since it's my first time, better play safe.

The two types of chilli; the right one was spicier. I think it's essential to have chilli as a dip for the grilled meat and the best one I had so far was the garlic chilli dip from this family seafood at Bangkok! Since we can't travel now, I would have to settle with the ones we have in Singapore.

Grilling in progress! Even though the vessel was gas-powered; the good thing is that the pan was non-stick which means you don't have to grapple with an increasingly burnt pan as time goes by. Only issue was that you don't get that deep-set smoky flavour typical of charcoal barbecue. 

Throwing in the mama instant mee (chargeable at S$1.00 a pack) at almost the end of our session. Compared to plain, white rice, I have a deep affection for instant noodle and the mama tom yum mee is one of my favourite!

While we managed to clean up literally everything that's edible, I am actually not 100% positive in my review. Ingredients were fresh, including the salmon and I do not have any complaint except for the second most important ingredient, the marinated meat. They tasted more like marination in the Korean style and if I want Korean bbq, I would have visited I'm Kim Korean BBQ.

=====

Address
661 Yishun Ave 4, #01-431, 
Singapore 760661

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Set Menu A (For 2) - S$29.90
Instant Mee - S$1.00
(Nett)

No comments:

Post a Comment