Thursday, November 12, 2020

Korea Mini Honey Apples from NTUC Fairprice

An apple a day keeps the doctor away - this age-old saying remains etched in the back of my brain and while I don't have an apple everyday; I do try to take a crunch every now and then.

With over 7,500 species (yes, there are indeed that many) available throughout the whole world, it's a given that we don't get to see even 1 percent here in Singapore. Hence, when I saw these packs of Korea mini honey apples at NTUC Fairprice for the first time, I couldn't help but bought one pack! 

Costing S$4.95, each pack had 14 mini apples, weighing a total of about 500 grams. Look how small they are; I think I could hold maybe 3-4 in one hand. 

They do appear to be a bigger version of a cherry! Now, I don't really have that good of a experience with Korean fruits. I ever purchased Korean persimmons before and although they were not nasty tasting; it was far down the ladder compared to the Israel persimmons. 

One teeny weeny bite and half was gone! For a name that included the word honey, I don't think I am being unreasonable for expecting something sweeter. Sadly, it tasted like a normal gala apple without generating any surprise. Well, I should be glad they didn't have the powdery texture I dislike.

=====

Purchased From
NTUC Fairprice @ Yishun MRT Station

Pricing
S$4.95 a pack

No comments:

Post a Comment