Tuesday, January 12, 2021

The Original Lobster Roll from Burger & Lobster @ Raffles Hotel Arcade [Singapore]

After Happy Chef and Lala Bee Hoon, I don't think it's an exaggeration to categorically state that I am literally stuffed. But when the Great Kon suggested having the lobster roll from the famous Burger & Lobster branch at Raffles Hotel, I was stirred as I had been waiting to try it ever since they opened a branch at Genting Highlands

So here I was, facing the bar counter and feeling all guilty as it's a fact I had over-indulged that day and there was a nagging thought that all the weight I lost in the past few months would all suddenly pile up overnight.

Nevertheless, the allure of food never fails to motivate me, especially when it comes to one of my favourite crustaceans; the lobsters!

And the ones at Burger & Lobster were huge; the above buddy had claws the size of my fist! Charged by their weight with one costing easily more than S$200, I didn't think I would spend that much money on a meal. 

Before we had our lobster rolls, it's happy hour time with cocktails retailing at S$10.00 each! No thanks to my alcoholic influencer friend who introduced me to cocktails and it's amazing how different liquor can be mixed to such delicious concoctions! Can't remember what's the short one but the tall glass was Bellini. 

Here's our beautiful lobster roll. The description on the menu mentioned "chilled chunks of lobster meat dressed in lemon mayo and served in a toasted brioche roll. Accompanied by our lemon and garlic butter"! 

Chunks of lobster meat? It wasn't an overstatement as there were so much lobster meat; to the extent the whole roll appeared 'pregnant' with pieces of lobster neat 'oozing' from the seam! 

Drenching the roll with the sauce that tasted both garlicky and buttery! Don't you think the serving jug look somewhat like the lamp from Aladdin? 

I might have a big mouth but I bet it would be a challenge for me to even chomp down half of it in one go! Never mind, I am not going to attempt that as it didn't come cheap and it's best to slowly savour our food.

Bursting with chunks of lobster meat! For S$28 a roll, you get your worth given the amount of meat hidden inside and to think I paid S$23 at Dancing Crab back in 2014 for that pathetic amount of lobster meat. While the brioche bun was toasted to a crisp with that unmistakable buttery aroma, the taste strangely felt more like a normal, boring toast. 

Eventually, I gave up on the toast and just targeted the meat; satisfaction max when you eat the lobster meat on its own with the garlicky, buttery sauce! Remember to squeeze in that slice of lemon for that light punch of sourness! Now, it was a good 'snack' but I admit that when given a choice between lobster and crab meat, I would still prefer the latter. Just my personal preference.

=====

Address
328 North Bridge Rd, 
Singapore 188719

Map
As above.

Website
https://www.burgerandlobster.com/locations/singapore/raffles-hotel/

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Cocktail - S$10.00 each
Lobster Roll - S$28.00 
(Subject to GST and Service Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment