Saturday, January 09, 2021

The Western Food Stall @ S-11 Yishun 744 Coffee Shop Near Yishun MRT Station [Singapore]

While some had gained weight during the pandemic, I actually lost about eight kilograms starting from the period of circuit breaker. 

Jogging at least five kilometers daily did have an impact but I was also a lot more determined in cutting down my carbohydrate-intake. Hence, I often have only fried chicken for my dinner. Only problem; one piece can cost as much as almost S$4.00 and that's too pricey! 

The saviour came from this unassuming western food stall at S11 kopitiam that's a stone's throw away from Yishun MRT station. I started patronizing this stall about a year ago but the frequency increased dramatically during the circuit breaker; to the extent the staff members knew my special order.

Happiness Plate - for the purpose of blogging, this would be the three-piece fried chicken that came complete with French fries, coleslaw and a fried bun. My special order would be just the fried chicken, and nothing else. In this case, Jovyn was with us and she loves the French fries here as they were thinner and hence, crispier. 

Even though the chicken was juicy, I had to admit that frozen chicken was used and marination was definitely not the11 herbs and spices used by KFC. Thankfully, the chilli sauce did a great job in elevating its palatability and for the price of just S$6.50; it's definitely more friendly on the wallet. 

Aside from the price, another key highlight was the crisp layer of deep fried chicken skin! I always leave them to the last as they give me so much joy and are the perfect conclusion to my meal.

It might seem rather worth it for my to get one rib, one thigh and one wing but you know what's the best combination; one wing, one thigh and one drumstick! 

=====

Address 
744 Yishun Street 72, 
#01-197, S-11 744 Coffee Shop
Singapore 760744

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Happiness Plate - S$6.50

No comments:

Post a Comment