Monday, January 25, 2021

Slippery Floor Due to Broken Bottle of Olive Oil @ Yishun Northpoint City Mall [Singapore]

It's a route not unfamiliar for me and I instinctively whipped out my mobile phone to check out the newsfeed on facebook while walking from Northpoint basement passage to the connected Yishun bus interchange, to collect some plastic containers from my friend and also pass him a small pack of Florentine cookies that I just baked.

Before my mind could register what happened, I was already lying on the floor with a broken pack of cookies, and my mobile phone flung two meters away from me. There was some light yellowish liquid and a plastic bag. Darn, did someone just drop a bag of drink or something!? 

As my friend had already arrived, I quickly picked myself up and met him in less than a minute. That's when I realized I was bleeding with a cut across my knee. It didn't hurt much though and my friend kindly passed me some antiseptic wipes to clean up the blood. 

I would need to go back the same route to return home and took a closer look at the spot where I slipped. It wasn't a pack of drink that broke; what I found within the bag was a shattered bottle of olive oil! Now, I really have to count my lucky stars but it wasn't happiness flying in my brain; it was pure rage! 


The pieces of glass were everywhere and I was incensed that the person who broke the bottle of olive oil didn't even take the basic responsibility to contact housekeeping to clean up the mess! There are so many elderlies living in Yishun and the slippery floor could result in serious injuries (hip displacement etc) or even death. Not to mention the glass shards that could cut them too! 

Yes, I escaped pretty unscathed but I am not going to just walk away and think it's the mall's job to ensure they clean up! Okay, technically I did walk away but more to find housekeeping; eventually, I found the mall's contact and informed the guy who picked up the phone to quickly activate manpower to clean up the area. 

Maybe it was bad luck when one got injured as mine continued with a cut to my thumb when I was removing the skin from a persimmon earlier this evening, using a peeler. Alright, it's just me and my butterfingers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment