Thursday, January 14, 2021

Chai Chee Noodle Village - Dry Bak Chor Mee @ Ang Mo Kio Central Block 727 [Singapore]

I was just looking around for a place to have a decent breakfast after snacking the sardine and yam + ginkgo nut puffs from AMK Curry Puff. Came upon a coffee shop renowned for its pancake king stall and my tired legs decided this would be it even though I had no idea what I would have.

This lady, in red, sharing our table strongly recommended the bak chor mee from Chai Chee Noodle Village! She was so insistent; I was persuaded to give it a try despite the fact that minced pork noodle isn't my preferred local noodle. 

The header "where to get the best minced pork noodle" was surely encouraging. Interestingly, I didn't capture the part where it was mentioned that the "soup has 18 ingredients"! Damn, I should have taken a customary sip! Wait, maybe I did but since I didn't write it down; guess it didn't quite make an impression.

My bowl of bak chor mee; forgot to inform the lady to substitute the liver for something else! It's okay since my elder sister was with me and she would gladly take the liver! She balances my life as she would indulge in things I don't eat; for example, cockles and oysters! 

Now, the reason why I don't particularly like bak chor mee is because it tends to leverage on way too much vinegar. This bowl from Chai Chee Noodle Village was vinegarish but most importantly; it's not overpowering! The vinegar did work out an appetite and it so complemented the super smooth mee pok noodle, with a little bit of chilli.

It seems quite the norm nowadays to provide such meatballs with minced meat within. They tasted not bad; just that I am actually happy with just normal fishball and meatball. 

Rest of the ingredients tasted not bad; from the tender sliced pork, well-braised fragrant mushroom to the crispy pork lard. Needless to say, I am collating pieces of all the good stuff into this last spoonful that would eventually end up in my mouth! 

=====

Address
727 Ang Mo Kio Ave 6, 
Singapore 560727

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Bak Chor Mee - S$4.00


No comments:

Post a Comment