Sunday, January 24, 2021

Hoe Fried Hokkien Mee (和炒福建虾面) @ North Bridge Road Market & Food Centre (Near Lavender MRT Station) [Singapore] #northbridgeroadhawkercentre

I tried to undertake a bit of research before checking out a hawker centre I have never patronized before; this would enable me to roughly plan out what to eat beforehand and help cut some time in deliberating which stall to order from! 

With a review rating of 4.5 on Google, I was half expecting a queue at Hoe Hokkien Mee but on second thought; who would have hokkien mee at 9.00 am?! Regardless, I am happy I didn't have to wait long. 

Generous plate of hokkien mee at S$4.00 a plate.

Aside from having a higher proportion of thick bee hoon (as opposed to yellow noodles in other places), there were also slices of pork belly, in addition to your typical prawns, eggs and squids. To be me, the squid can definitely be removed as they were tasteless! 

Slurping good; it was flavourful and rich of the sweet prawn stock that I always find irresistible in a good plate of hokkien mee. While good on its own, I do enjoy the chilli as it added an addictive layer of contrasting sourness, spiciness that made every spoonful into the mouth, an heavenly experience.

Burp! 

======

Address
861 North Bridge Rd, #01-93, 
North Bridge Road Market & Food Centre, 
Singapore 198783
(Near Lavender MRT Station)

Map
As above.

Operating Hours
9.00 am to 6.30 pm
(Closed on Sundays)

Facebook Page

Pricing
Hokkien Mee - Minimum S$4.00 a plate

No comments:

Post a Comment