Monday, January 04, 2021

Xmas 2020 - Unwrapping the Presents!

It's already 2021 and I still didn't get to unwrap the presents received from Christmas 2020! There was a good reason though; my DSLR was in the camera hospital and I only got it back yesterday! 

2020 hasn't been kind, with the pandemic taking centerstage for most part of the year and we can only hope for a better 2021. Due to the safe management measures like split-team, alternate-week work arrangement in the organization I work for; I almost forgot to prepare presents and only got to receive a number of them after Christmas, during my team's work-in-office week.   

Unwrapping done - I didn't enlist the help from Jovyn this time which proved to be less efficient back in 2019. As mentioned before in quite a number of postings, I prefer meet-ups over gift-exchanges and while I do pass presents to my close colleagues, it's really about my appreciation for their help over the past one year and I don't need them to "return the favour"! 

Truth be told, I can't deny I am curious as to what people got for me beneath all the wrappings. One interesting present I got this year is the mosquito-catcher using LED light and powered by USB! Due to the COVID-19 situation, I was also blessed with mask, sanitisation kit and deodorizer for the mask. 

Another type of presents that's getting more popular is those personalized ones; like those with my name on the presents that totally etched the ownership for those items! There's also a homemade clay diffuser that's so pretty; I am still thinking where I should display it at home! 

After unwrapping the presents, I always feel a bit guilty over the amount of paper that would be thrown away. I am also a heavy contributor and likely with a higher guilt as I prefer better quality paper. To be frank, I don't mind if people pass me presents wrapped with newspapers, even those with obituaries. The best, however, is to do away with presents and meet up for a meal filled with warm friendship and boisterous laughter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment