Friday, January 22, 2021

Tian Yi Desserts (天義) - Signature Mixed Green Bean and Red Bean Soup @ North Bridge Road Market & Food Centre (Near Lavender MRT Station) [Singapore] #northbridgeroadhawkercentre

I started using my kitchen a lot more during the circuit breaker (CB) last year and one item I constantly made was green bean soup as the recipe is simple with a pretty fast process.

Fast forward to a few days ago when I was at North Bridge Road Market & Food Centre; the signboard of Tian Yi Desserts (天義) caught my attention as their signature was green bean soup and red bean soup! Now, I am intrigued as to how different could their soup could be and decided to order a bowl of their signature mixed green bean and red bean soup. 

The photograph above didn't do it justice as there was a noticeable half shade of green and half shade of red when I was at the hot dessert stall but my unstable juggling back to my table had mixed them up.:(

Featuring an interesting flavour combining both green and red bean soup which you could easily replicate at home, the highlight was really the sheer amount of ingredients that went into the soup, other than the necessary green beans and red beans. Visually, I saw dry longan, orange peels, sago, pearls, barley and lotus seeds! 

Nice, nutritional and generous; I bet this hot dessert would be a hot favourite among the older generations. For me, it's just too much ingredients and coming from a guy who likes more soup than green beans in his homemade green bean soup, this is just not my cup of tea.

=====

Address
861 North Bridge Rd, #01-112,
North Bridge Road Market & Food Centre, 
Singapore 198783

Map
As above. 

Operating Hours
9.10 am to 3.30 pm
(Closed on Sundays and Mondays)

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Signature Mixed Green Bean and Red Bean Soup - S$2.00

No comments:

Post a Comment