Sunday, January 17, 2021

Rong Ji Traditional Hainanese Chicken Rice (荣记传统海南鸡饭) @ Redhill Food Centre [Singapore] #redhillhawkercentre

I accompanied my mom to redhill today for her dental appointment today and since it's an area quite far from Yishun and not frequented by us; we decided to pay a visit to the nearby redhill hawker centre that's also conveniently within walking distance from the MRT station! 

A search on the web for good food in the hawker centre revealed a Hua Kee Chicken Rice. Coincidentally, I was craving for a sinful meal and chicken rice seemed like a good fit! However, I decided to circle round the food centre and come to realize that Rong Ji Traditional Hainanese Chicken Rice had a way longer queue! 

The wait was fifteen minutes before I collected my roasted chicken rice that cost just S$3.00. It came with separate chicken and rice, and a bowl of chicken soup infused with the sweetness from red dates.

Compared to steamed chicken, I am more in favor of roasted chicken, especially the skin! The chicken here didn't disappoint; juicy, tender with a not to fatty skin; flavor enhancer was definitely the sauce used to drench the chicken meat and cucumbers! With that sauce, I bet I could easily finish two bowls of chicken rice.

Please do not forget to help yourself to the chilli at the counter! While I can normally do without the chicken rice chilli; I was glad to have gotten an extra saucer after getting one for my mom.

It was your typical, garlicky chicken rice chilli, with an added spicy kick! Furthermore, there's a sweet undertone that I personally found irresistible, especially when mixing the chilli into the oily and fragrant rice! 

I don't think it's an exaggeration if I tell everyone I literally licked clean the plate! Even at this moment as I am typing out my review, I am reminiscing the roasted chicken rice I had earlier this afternoon. Should I go over and have it again this Tuesday, when I am on leave?!

=====

Address
Block 85, Redhill Lane, 
#01-42, Redhill Food Centre,
Singapore 150085

Map
As above.

Menu 
As above.

Pricing
Roasted Chicken Rice - S$3.00 

No comments:

Post a Comment