Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Char Siew Rice from Yong Kee H.K Roasted Duck Stall (鏞记香港烧腊) @ Redhill Food Centre [Singapore] #redhillhawkercentre

My mind was set; I am going to have the roasted chicken rice from 
Rong Ji Traditional Hainanese Chicken Rice stall. However, my eyes kept veering towards the above stall near our table; Yong Kee H.K Roasted Duck, and it's not roasted duck that attracted our attention.

I was captivated by the strings of gooey red char siew and the temptation eventually caved in! Right after chicken rice and pancakes from Granny's Pancake, I got myself a plate of char siew rice, with half the rice portion that would shared with my mom! 

The dark colored rice surprised me and I was expecting this would be some unusual carbohydrates that would make me regret making the decision to reduce my rice. Turned out the grains were dry and it didn't have any special taste to it; I still need the sauce to enhance the palatability. 

Char siew had a nice charred exterior but it's the lean kind that diners with a healthier palate might enjoy. I found the texture to be a bit on the hard side and while they were not gross tasting; it's unfortunately not something I would return for. 

=====

Address 
Block 85, Redhill Lane, #01-44, 
Redhill Food Centre, 
Singapore 150085

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Char Siew Rice - S$3.00 a plate 

No comments:

Post a Comment