Friday, June 10, 2022

Holy Cow Creamery @ North Bridge Road (Near Lavender MRT Station) [Singapore]

Right after a filling meal at Happy Chef in Lavender, my cousin spotted a nearby neon sign with two key words; ice cream and waffles! There is always a separate compartment in my tummy for desserts!


Surprise, surprise; it is a branch of Holy Cow Creamery, which had its beginning in Yishun! If memory serves me right, Holy Cow started its ice cream operations in the notorious town way before competition intensifies with new entrants like Moin Moin GelatoNo Horse Run GelatoHyogaki Gelato Cafe and Overscoop.

Compared to its Yishun branch, the concept here at Lavender was brighter, with a cheerful atmosphere  peppered with elements of nostalgia, like the retro floor tiles. 

Ice cream flavors; I couldn't remember what was the signature; I think it was earl grey lavender. Anyway, it's been a while since I lasted visited the Yishun outlet and with so much competition nowadays, innovative flavors like Graveyard would likely attract more attention. 

I might be in a dilemma over the choice of ice cream flavors but one thing was clear; I am so getting the charcoal waffle! I wanted to blog about it since having it a few years ago; however, in my past few visits, I didn't even manage to step in as it was full-house! 

Ice cream flavors that were chosen; chocolate chip mint, cookies and cream, soursop sorbet and sour plum sorbet. Two were selected by kids who are below 20 years old, and the other two were from adults above 30 years old. Want to guess which ones? 

If you ask me, while both chocolate chip mint and cookies and cream were nice, they were flavors so commonly found in the industry that they didn't wow the adults. 

I have better words for the sour plum sorbet and soursop sorbet. Former had pieces of sour plum hidden in the gelato; tasted like golden plum candy, which means it was considered pretty sweet for a sorbet. Latter was almost like blended frozen soursop; cold and sourish with a touch of sweetness! 

Loving the texture of the charcoal waffle; crisp on the outside and fluffy in the insides! Even though I still enjoyed it, it was a bit off from the ones I usually have at the Yishun outlet; lacking the aroma that always entices us to clean it up! 

Burp! 

=====

Address
465 North Bridge Rd, 
#01-5051, Singapore 191465 
(Near Lavender MRT Station)

Map 
As above.

Operating Hours
Sundays to Thursdays - 11.30 am to 10.00 pm
Fridays and Saturdays - 11.30 am to 11.00 pm

Facebook Page

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Charcoal Waffle with 4 Scoops - S$18.50 
(NETT)

No comments:

Post a Comment