Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Pang Pang Wanton Noodle @ Our Tampines Hub Hawker Centre [Singapore] #tampineshubhawkercentre

My love for hawker food doesn't infer a loyal crusade to check out all the hawker centers in Singapore. The aforementioned would be my explanation as to why I had never stepped into Tampines Hub hawker centre even though it has started operations since 2017.

Whatever the case, better late than never and to be honest, I was so impressed with the integrated community concept where residents can play sports, enjoy food, attend classes, borrow books and generally have fun in one hub! 

The purpose of my visit was a lot more focused though; food it will always be. Managed by the Kopitiam Group, please make full use of your kopitiam card as there is a 10% discount. 

After circling twice, we decided to cast our vote for Pang Pang Wanton Noodle. In Chinese, the Pang Pang actually means fat fat and from the signboard, it seemed to infer we will get fat after eating the noodle. Not an encouraging sign if you ask me.

At S$3.80 (before discount), it's your unassuming wanton noodle that didn't come with much fanfare. There's not even a single piece of pork lard, which is supposed I usually look forward to having.

Such leanness for the char siew can only translate into one thing; this wouldn't be satisfying for my taste buds! And after taking a bite, I left the rest aside as I could spend my calories on other stuff. 

Noodle wise - it had that old school, classic taste that some might find nostalgic. Only issue is that I thought the taste was too bland and having chilli paste would likely improve the flavor. Alex begged to differ though; he absolutely enjoyed the noodle. p.s. not the char siew.

=====

Address
495 Tampines Ave 5, #01-41
Tampines Hub Hawker Centre, 
Singapore 529649

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Wanton Noodle - S$3.80

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:57 PM

    Can try the wanton mee Maxwell Food Centre. Look for the one with Japanese newspaper cutting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for recommendation! I have been craving for wanton noodles recently. :P

      Delete