Thursday, June 02, 2022

Unknown Insect @ Home

I am not an observant person and wouldn't have noticed anything amiss on the 1.5-liter plastic bottle, placed outside my flat, that was used to water my plants. 

But, I needed to water my plants that day and a movement on the bottle made me retreat two steps back. Being short sighted and presbyopia mean I took a longer time to focus. That's an interesting insect.

My limited bug knowledge told me I have never seen this before and it appeared to have the markings of a traditional tribal shield. A search on Google revealed that it's the western conifer seed bug, and it's not native to Singapore! 

I always believe in leaving bugs and insects alone, so long they are not in MY house. Nevertheless, I did wonder if they would taste good deep fried. It's been a while since I last had any insects as snacks

No comments:

Post a Comment