Tuesday, June 07, 2022

Uggli Muffins @ Jalan Besar (Near Berseh Food Centre) [Singapore]

In terms of distance from Yishun, Toa Payoh is a lot closer than Jalan Besar. However, I have been visiting Jalan Besar and its surrounding areas a lot more often than Toa Payoh. 

Hence, I have been securing my Uggli Muffins from its new branch at Jalan Besar recently, instead of its original stall at Toa Payoh, although operating hours continued to be short; opening at 11am and closing at 2pm! 

I have been blogging about muffins ever since the pandemic and to be honest, I still prefer Uggli Muffins despite its diminutive size (I need at least two) and relatively higher cost. You may read here for my review. 

When I first heard about this new branch at Jalan Besar, I was excited. Would it be a cafe? Or the operating hours would be much longer so that I don't have to wake up that early on a weekend just to buy a few boxes. 

Sadly, the above would be the picture right after entering the shop. More like a factory churning out trays after trays of baby muffins, with a counter in front to do sales. The tables / chairs were there simply for those waiting for new batches of muffins! Good thing is that service was similar to Toa Payoh; the China lady attending to us was as friendly and kept passing us muffin / cookies to try! 

While I was third in queue, I almost waited 30 minutes for the new batches so that I have more variety to choose from. Even though I like almost all the flavors (even olive), I realized macadamia is the odd one I don't quite fancy. 

Got my two boxes! Wanted to get another one but I didn't want to regain all the weight I lost when I was down with fever two weeks ago. Didn't help that I am also indulging a lot more after I got well.

The irresistible muffins! I froze one box so that I can slowly indulge over the week; to eat, just take them out of the freezer and put in the fridge the night before, and use air fryer for 3 minutes at 200 degrees celcius. p.s. I used Ninja brand air fryer, which has a preheating function.

=====

Address
202 Jln Besar, Singapore 208888
(near Berseh Food Centre and next to REPLYK1988)

Map
As above.

Pricing
Between S$1.50 to S$1.80.
Buy 10, get 2 free! 

No comments:

Post a Comment