Saturday, June 04, 2022

The Pork BBQ Satay from Shio BBQ Chicken Wings and Nasi Lemak @ Yishun Park Hawker Centre [Singapore] #yishunparkhawkercentre

Chong Pang Hawker Centre had just completed its 6-week renovation and to be honest, I had been craving for Xu Zhong Xing pork satay, which I used to have every two to three weeks! 

The craving hit a new high last week and when I saw satay being offered at the Shio BBQ Chicken Wings and Nasi Lemak from Yishun Park Hawker Centre; I decided to give it a go despite the fact that satay wasn't on its signboard. 

Waiting for the pager to beep! 

Less than 15 minutes' wait as it was almost 9.00 pm. A few days earlier, I actually attempted to order from Shio but the wait was said to be at least an off-putting 45 minutes long. 

At 80 cents a stick, the pork satay didn't come cheap but with 10% off from the tuckshop app, plus the fact that there appeared to be more meat, I thought it was still quite reasonably priced.

For better comparison with the can of Pokka Oolong Tea; while not necessarily generous in height, the deal-breaker was the thickness of the meat, which would result in a heightened satisfaction! 

Good marination; not incredibly sweet, although the chunky meat did result in a tougher texture until I bit into the delicious, sinful pieces of pork fats! Satay must have charred bits but I noted that it was a bit inconsistent at Shio; two or three sticks were badly charred! Personally, not an issue. 

Gravy wasn't ultra watery and was full of chunky peanut bits that added a layer of nuttiness to the satay's savoriness and sweetness. 

Craving satisfied! Departing from my usual process, I checked Google reviews only after my meal and it was shocking to see a review of 2.6, which were mainly due to bad customer service and, inconsistency in taste. So, I guess I was lucky then. 

=====


Address
51 Yishun Avenue 11, Yishun Park Hawker Centre
#01-42, Singapore 768867

Map
As above.

Menu
As Above.

Pricing
Pork Satay - 80 cents a stick (Minimum 10 sticks)
(10% discount if you pay via Tuckshop App)

No comments:

Post a Comment