Thursday, June 30, 2022

Mommy Rendang - Chicken Rendang Value Meal @ Our Tampines Hub Hawker Centre [Singapore] #tampineshubhawkercentre

When one claimed "to serve the best rendang you will ever taste", I would gladly take up the challenge to ascertain the truth, especially when rendang is one of the dishes I will add whenever I order the Malay style of mixed vegetable rice! 

My preference was with beef rendang but it was already sold out at 2.20pm. Chicken rendang it shall be then even though I prefer chicken roasted, grilled or deep fried. 

Here's the set of chicken rendang value meal with one fried egg and a choice of vegetables; boring me would usually go sambal long beans with tempeh! It was full of flavor and crunch and perfect with plain, white rice.

Chicken part of breast and while it was meaty; the texture was a tad too dry for me. Thankfully, the rendang paste covering the chicken was delicious; spicy and sweet with an addictive punch! 

Although peals of sweat were rolling down my forehead, and my stomach was already full with carrot cake and wanton mee from the same hawker centre; I relished every flavorful spoonful put into my mouth! I should absolutely return for their beef rendang; hope the texture would be juicier.

=====

Address
495 Tampines Ave 5, #01-61
Tampines Hub Hawker Centre, 
Singapore 529649

Map
As above.

Pricing
Chicken Rendang Value Meal - S$6.50

No comments:

Post a Comment