Saturday, May 28, 2022

Happy Chef Again - This Time the Chicken Shnitzel

I was a teenager once and remember how my stomach was an almost bottomless pit. Hence, with both my niece and nephew going into the teen phase; I knew I had to source for eateries that don't break my pocket, have food that tastes good, yet filling.

With that in mind, I brought them to Happy Chef! I reviewed more than a year ago and noted they would meet all three aforementioned conditions. 

Both lamb chop and happy chef chicken were enjoyable but I decided to go with something new. The Chicken Shnitzel, although I am not too sure what shnitzel means. Sounds like a German word. 

As expected, the portion didn't disappoint; fantastic news given the two kids who were with me! My complimentary two sides were sunny side up and garden vegetables! I should have re-read my past review as I had given full marks for the mashed potato! 

Your typical breaded chicken cutlet but the thickness of the meat was on the thin side. Nevertheless, the thinness didn't compromise on the juiciness and overall taste was still, although not as satisfying as biting into a thick piece of fried chicken.

p.s. ignorant me went to Google and shnitzel means a very thin boneless cutlet! Next time, maybe I should just go with the mixed grill which appeared to have both the lamb chop and happy chef chicken.

=====

Address
Block 465, North Bridge Rd, #01-5041 
465 Foodcourt, Singapore 191465

Map
As above.

Operating Hours
11.00 am to 9.00 pm
(note: closed till 01 June 2022)

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Chicken Shnitzel - S$7.50

No comments:

Post a Comment