Thursday, December 03, 2020

Father & Son (父子挡萝卜糕) - Mixed Black and White Carrot Cake @ Bukit Panjang Hawker Centre [Singapore] #bukitpanjanghawkercentre

Bukit Panjang is a town not exactly far from where I stay but since my car was scrapped about 5 years ago, I have not been to that area despite the existence of a direct bus service from Yishun! 

One 'new' building is the Bukit Panjang Hawker Centre; the first hawker centre completed after a hiatus of more than 30 years since the last one in 2015. I have been waiting to try it and I finally got a chance when my brother in law decided to drive us there.

Of course I did my research on what to have for my breakfast that morning and one of the more popular choices is the Father & Son stall. As the name suggests, it's helmed by a father and his son although it was in the news partly because the son is said to be a hunk and one of the rare youngsters in the hawker trade! 

I only saw the father as there's now a second branch in Admiralty hawker centre and the son is operating from there instead. p.s. this information came from a friend who used to live in Bukti Panjang and is now staying near Admiralty MRT station. 

Specialty was carrot cake and I guess that's what we should be having. Friends who know me would be aware I am a fan of the black style carrot cake and hence, would not purposely order the white one. However, this was ordered by my sister and since she paid; I have no complaint, especially when there's still some black ones for me to indulge in! 

Mixed style - white and black carrot cake with an extra egg, these warmed my heart with a fragrant aroma and each segment was pan-fried to a crisp, with addictive preserved radishes (chai po) in every bite!

The white one was actually one of the better white carrot cakes I have in my life even though the black one was still significantly better given the sweeter tinge. The pieces of carrot cake were a bit on the large side but I can't blame my sister as that's more my own personal choice. In terms of texture, none can still beat the carrot cake from Song Zhou at Bedok.

=====

Address
2 Bukit Panjang Ring Rd, 
#01-23, Bukit Panjang Hawker Centre
Singapore 679947

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Mixed Carrot Cake - S$5.00
Add Egg - S$1.00

No comments:

Post a Comment