Tuesday, December 08, 2020

Toilet Bowl @ Yishun Ten [Singapore]

It was my routine jog but the feeling was different. There was a nagging pain in my tummy and despite trying to hold it in, something was about to explode and I didn't know where the hell I could find at a decent washroom at almost 11.00 pm! 

Yishun Ten; known as such as it was the first complex that housed 10 cinema halls! I remember there was a washroom on the ground floor and it should still be open as the last show usually ends at about midnight. Chiong ah!!

Stepped into the first cubicle and the first thing I checked was whether there would be toilet paper! Phew, there was a fresh roll and the toilet was at its cleanest stage. Maybe because of a reduced cinema crowd due to the pandemic. Nonetheless, I was happy I would get some relief soon.

After checking if toilet paper was available; what would be your usual next step? For me, it's definitely to put down the toilet seat, wipe it clean and lay it with toilet paper as you can never be too sure how dirty it would be. So I proceeded with the "put down the toilet seat" and strangely, I couldn't bring it down!

I did notice that the seat looked different; it was wrapped with a ton of masking tape and there were two strings tied to the metal rail preventing the seat from being put down! I can't imagine what has happened to have resulted in this almost ridiculous measure.

Did someone steal the toilet seat?! Or there were just too many inconsiderate assholes who would squat on the toilet seat?! Having said that, wouldn't it be easier to just remove the seat altogether instead of making a desperate human being think about the 1,001 reasons why the seat can't be put down?! 

Humans improvise; I do too as my ass absolutely can't hold 'them' in anymore! I quickly wiped the top of the porcelain 'throne', laid it with toilet paper and did my business. A satisfying heave of relief. *content censored to prevent disgust*

No comments:

Post a Comment