Thursday, December 24, 2020

Lady Boss Roast Delights (老板娘烧腊) @ Food City by Fu Chan in Chong Pang, Yishun [Singapore]


Sometimes, the name of a stall is important as it registers in the mind of diners, even for a new establishment. The first time I saw "lady boss" at Chong Pang, my first instinct was to check if the boss was a female; turned out the entire staff strength comprised of only men! 

I kept reminding myself that I should check out the roast delights but Chong Pang hawker centre tempted me so often; I only got to try out the stall last Wednesday. Time taken was so long; the stall had in fact moved to another location within the same coffee shop. 

Not knowing what to eat (and not doing any research) means we just mix-and-match for a platter, based on what looked good, comprising of roast duck, roast pork and char siew for three persons! 

This cost S$16.50, including three plates of white rice. Let's start with the roast pork; not too bad with just a thin of crisp that I thought could have been thicker for better satisfaction. 

Helped ourselves to the bowl of char siew sauce that was given to us; needed as the roast duck was a tad salty and we definitely required the sweetness from the sauce to tame it down. Roast duck appeared amazing behind the glass counter but turned out to be disappointing; it might result in a more favourable review if the skin layer was crispy. 

Char siew was the best of the lot; juicy with that irresistible smoky flavour, I love it for the fact that there's a substantial fatty middle and the charred bits were not excessive (although I honestly don't mind more). My friend did comment that they were chopped up into too small pieces and you don't feel as shiok having them.  

Totally agree with my friend; maybe I would ask them to be more liberal with their cut in the future. Would try the char siew again in the future, and maybe check out their roast chicken too! God knows when would that be as Chong Pang had just too many food establishments! 

=====

Address 
Block 101, Yishun Ave 5, 
Food City by Fu Chan,
Singapore 760101

Menu (Limited)
As above.

Pricing
3-Meat Platter for 3-Person - S$15.00
Rice - S$0.50 per plate

No comments:

Post a Comment