Tuesday, December 29, 2020

The Five Flavour Claypot from 848 Claypot Chicken Rice. Stew Soup @ Yishun Block 848 (Opposite Khatib Sheng Siong Supermarket) [Singapore] #claypotrice

Whenever I patronized Sembawang Traditional Claypot Rice (三巴旺原味煲仔饭) and shared the photographs with my elder sister, she would mention that the one from Khatib (Yishun) would better at much cheaper pricing. 

Hence, I finally decided to take her advice and arranged to meet up with her family and my mom for brunch at 848 Claypot Chicken Rice. Stew Soup last Saturday! I have no idea what this coffee shop is called but it's easy to find as it's the only one right opposite Sheng Siong Supermarket near Khatib MRT station.

As our family doesn't take a lot of rice, we ordered just two portions to be shared amongst four persons. Instead of their claypot chicken rice, Joyce opted for the Five Flavour Claypot which included Cantonese waxed meat like pork belly and sausage.

After an expected wait of about 20 minutes, of which we had already cleaned up a plate of Char Kway Teow from 海南仔, the two burning hot claypots were finally placed in front of us! 

Can't wait to dig in but before then; it's a necessity to mix up everything! If not, all the rice hidden below would be burnt; can just imagine unwitting foreigners not knowing what to do and thinking this must be a terrible dish from Singapore! 

One plus point from this particular stall; all the oil and black sauce were already added and you don't have to grapple with the dilemma if you have put in enough oil / black sauce. I super hate making the decision as my tendency is to throw in more black sauce! 

All mixed up and ready to take a bite! Taste was surprisingly good and I think the sweetness was just right. Key highlight was the chicken; the stall was generous with the portion and trust me, they were so tender although I think Yuan Yuan Claypot Rice at ABC market was still a notch tastier. Frankly, I didn't quite fancy the waxed meat and think I would just go for the cheaper Claypot Chicken Rice (at only S$5.50) next time. 

Strongly recommended for sharing! 

=====

Address 
848 Yishun Ring Road, 
Coffee Shop Opposite Sheng Siong Supermarket, 
Khatib, Yishun,
Singapore 768688 

Menu 
As above. 

Pricing 
Five Flavour Claypot Rice - S$7.50 a pot

No comments:

Post a Comment