Monday, December 28, 2020

海南仔 Char Kway Teow @ Yishun Block 848 (Opposite Sheng Siong Supermarket) [Singapore] #charkwayteow

海南仔 might ring a bell in the head of some of you as it was less than a week that I blogged about the hokkien mee! But this particular stall came from another coffee shop near Khatib MRT station; turned out there are at least three branches of 海南仔 in Yishun!

Since I was tempted to try the char kway teow at its Kim San Leng branch; I thought I might as well order from the khatib branch as I was looking for brunch anyway! p.s. photograph taken from iPhone Pro Max and it didn't escape my eyes that it looked a bit funny! 

Much better version of the same plate of char kway teow; my DSLR was sadly sent for servicing although the main reason for buying an iPhone Pro Max was its supposed superb photo quality. Maybe I should check out the user guide to ensure I am using the correct settings. 

So how did this plate of char kway teow (with an extra egg) fare? Honestly, decent tasting with pieces of crispy pork lard that were stir-fried together with the noodles, just like the hokkien mee. The wok hei was there; just not as intense and I personally would enjoy the noodle better with more sweet, black sauce. 

Whatever the case, I still managed to devour everything! To be frank, I shared with my mom and elder sister as we were also having claypot rice in the same coffee shop. As the saying goes, sharing is caring; bullshit by the way as our family philosophy is to share the calories so that we can eat other things.

=====

Address 
848 Yishun Ring Road, 
Coffee Shop Opposite Sheng Siong Supermarket,
Singapore 768688

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Char Kway Teow - S$3.50
Add Egg - S$0.50 

No comments:

Post a Comment