Wednesday, December 09, 2020

Torched - Meat Platter for 2 @ Sunset Way [Clementi, Singapore] #torchedsg

Meat platters were the rage right before COVID-19 struck us early this year and I always wonder if it's really worth the deal; i.e. would it be cheaper if I were to buy them separately and then combine them onto a large plate?

Well, I would be finding out at Torched; located within the chillax sunset way enclave along Clementi road, my colleagues was excited about the good online reviews pertaining to their meat platters. Since I am known to be a ravenous meat eater; she figured I would be a great assistance in helping to clean up everything! 

Usual process nowadays; order, pay, collect the pager and wait for it to ring. 

Our meat platter for two! To be honest, it didn't appear to be a large portion but you have to mindful that all the meat, namely, the New Zealand grass fed ribeye, the honey soy chicken, smoked bratwurst, were all clustered together in a relatively tight manner. Nonetheless, plating could have been improved.  

Let's talk about the things I didn't enjoy; the coleslaw which lacked a nice, sweet flavour and was a bit warm and the corn that could have benefited with more butter and salt. I dislike baked beans, in general, but the ones here were served BBQ style with a spicy, peppery twist to them; kind of enjoyed them although I only indulged a bit. Absolutely no complaints about the shoe-string fries! 

The grass fed ribeye was a bomb; I have not had such nicely seared and flavoured steak in a long time and the chef had clearly mastered the medium doneness that gave us such a juicy and tender texture!  Honey soy chicken was pretty good even though it's not unique enough for me to feel that it's better than my favourite chicken chop from old airport road. Thumbs-up to the perfectly grilled German sausage; so delicious! 

Coming to my question; was the S$49 platter worth it? I did a rough check and if I were to buy the ribeye, the chicken and the bratwurst separately, I would only fork out S$47 without the torched corn. Since I am way more in love with the ribeye, it would make better sense for me to just order it on its own in the future, and maybe request to change the BBQ beans to corn instead. 

=====

Address
107 Clementi Street 12, 
Within FoodPark Food Court,
Singapore 120107

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Meat Platter for 2 - S$49

No comments:

Post a Comment