Thursday, December 31, 2020

Thai Dynasty @ Level Five Cookhouse by Koufu in JEM Shopping Mall [Singapore]

Any eatery with the word "dynasty" in their name would conjure an image of a pretty large establishment decked out with furniture and interior design that scream of opulence! 

Which, by the way, isn't the case for this Thai Dynasty stall that's located within a food court in JEM. It's not my first patronage although I was all prepared to order more this time as I had two more friends with me this time to share the dishes, and calories.

Less than fifteen minutes after placing our order, the table was literally full. It didn't feel that much until we saw it with our eyes although I think the iced desserts did kind of seal the deal of just way too much to digest for the three of us. Anyway, here's my review:

Green Curry Chicken - gravy with a thick consistency and so flavourful; this was easily one of the better ones in the whole of Singapore! Okay, maybe I exaggerate a little even though it's indeed delicious and a perfect companion with the plain, white jasmine rice! Only issue, which is the case with most green curry chicken in Singapore, is that the pieces of chicken had that frozen taste that left a relatively bad aftertaste in the mouth. 

Thai Omelette with Prawn - loyal readers of this blog would be aware I super love thai omelette with its puffy look, crisp edges and fluffy insides! The above looked authentically like the one I had in Thailand; taste wise, it was more our local furong egg and that's a disappointment despite the fact that it would have fared pretty well as a furong egg dish in a local, tze char stall. 

Pad Thai with Seafood
- I am apprehensive to request for another carbohydrate dish but not being able to travel to Bangkok for my favourite thipsamai means I have been craving for pad thai for quite a while now! 

This was flavourful with a smoky aroma; not as good as thipsamai yet I greatly appreciate that it's nicely fried and managed to retain moisture without being all dried and clumped up like some pad thai I had in Singapore. 

Steamed Seabass with Lime - it's super rare to find me ordering fish as I find them way too pricey and I am not exactly a huge fan for fish, unlike my mom! However, the discount of S$11 (30%) was irresistible! 

Took a bite of the meat; okay lor, not much bones and tasted like any other normal steamed fish. Key action was to eat the meat with a spoonful of the lime-infused broth! Spicy, sour with a tinge of warm, comforting sweetness! 

=====

In summary, the food was above average and definitely decent for the price we paid for the meal in an air-conditioned food court. If the promotion for the steamed fish continues, I would jio my mom to check it out since she seldom steps into the western side of Singapore, and she loves her fishes, as food. 

Address
50 Jurong Gateway Rd, #05-01,
Cookhouse by Koufu, JEM, 
Singapore 608549

Menu
As above

Pricing
Green Curry Chicken - S$5.90
Thai Omelette with Prawn - S$6.90
Pad Thai with Seafood - S$6.90
Steamed Seabass with Lime - S$18.90
Jasmine Rice - S$1.00
(NETT)

No comments:

Post a Comment