Tuesday, December 22, 2020

海南仔 Hokkien Mee @ Yishun Block 417 Kim San Leng Coffee Shop [Singapore] #hokkienmee

I am no stranger to the Kim San Leng at Yishun Block 417 as my maternal uncle often treats us to tze-char at the coffee shop! However, I am less acquainted with other stalls and had only blogged about 
Soon Heng Wanton Noodle a few months ago. 

One stall that I always wanted to try was this 海南仔 as it had been operating at this site for as long as I remember. My nephew had even worked there for about a year even though I have never once patronized. Selling local delights like hokkien mee, char kway teow, carrot cake, fried oyster etc, it's high time I should pay it a visit! 

My S$4 hokkien mee.

As you could probably deduce from the photograph, this would be the wet version of the hokkien mee which I like very much as the broth used to fry the noodles is usually extremely flavourful. To my delight, it also had more thick been hoon than yellow noodles.

Delicious; and as expected, the broth was delish and you have to add the chilli paste for that extra, unforgettable oomph! My friend would be sad to note that there's no strips of pork belly although there were pieces of squid and two decent-sized prawns. In addition, I super love the crispy pork lard that stir-fried together with the noodles, instead of being separately dispensed; easily one of the best I had in the past one year! 

With every scoopful that tasted so good; I am now tempted to see how their char kway teow and fried oyster would fare. Maybe I should jio my family members soon to check them out and share the calories! 

======

Address
Block 417, Yishun Ave 11, 
#01-351, Singapore 760417

Map
As above.

Pricing
Hokkien Mee - S$4.00

No comments:

Post a Comment