Thursday, September 07, 2023

Lunch @ Bang Nam Phueng Floating Market in Bangkok [Thailand]

I am a snacker but when it comes to official meals like breakfast, lunch and dinner, I prefer to find a place to sit down and it can be quite challenging at a floating market, where stalls constantly bombard us with mouthwatering food! 

Issue was, I needed a place to sit and enjoy the food, and we happened to chance upon an off the beaten track of the market, where it was less crowded and tables were not exclusively to each stall, meaning we could have a greater variety.

First up was the satay stall as the father of my Thai friend, who accompanied us, had told him to die-die try the satay. Well, we didn't know which stall and prayed this would be the correct one.

70 baht (about S$2.70) for ten sticks; they were well marinated but could have done better with a longer stay on the grill for more char. Meat was also pretty mushy. Satay Jae Aeng (near Wat Mangkon MRT station in Bangkok) is better. 

Guess what caught my attention? The picture of the dish on the banner. It's like an egg crepe and it's healthier just reading the words "only vegetables without the meat"!

Let's the chef work his magic! 

I actually didn't note down how much it cost! Anyway, it seemed similar to the egg-wrapped pad thai at Thipsamai and give my love for pad thai; I can't wait to dig into it! 

Full of beansprouts that tasted a bit raw, it was a cross between egg crepe and pad thai, yet you don't get the best of both worlds. Guess it's best for me to go back to meat.

My Thai friend ordered this, which I presume to be boat noodle. Although it was quite popular in Singapore, I think the color of the broth appeared off putting. Don't you think it had the shade of polluted drain water?! 

I mustered enough courage to take a sip of the broth; ooooo, so thickly infused with herbs! It would have been nicer on a cold day but Bangkok is not known for its cool climate. Don't belittle the meat; it was insanely soft! Pricing? 30 baht! 

=====

Address
Within Bang Nam Phueng Floating Market,
Bang Kachao, Bangkok, Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment