Friday, September 01, 2023

You Fu Fried Hokkien Prawn Noodles @ Golden Mile Food Centre [Singapore] #goldenmilehawkercentre

Fried Hokkien prawn mee used to be the main dish I ordered most frequently until my decision to restrict and severely cut down on carbohydrate intake for stuff like rice, noodle and bread. 

You Fu Fried Hokkien Prawn Noodles was said to be famous at Golden Mile Hawker Centre and I caved in for a small plate of its signature noodle dish! 

Pretty big portion for their small although it cost S$5.00. And it was so utterly wet; I was worried the noodles would easily slip off the plate should I wobble just a bit more unsteadily as I brought both plates both to my table.

Aside from the wetness, I also noticed another thing; the lack of crispy pork lards! No matter what, you have to admit that the crispy pork lards, also known as pork greaves, must go hand in hand with hokkien mee!

Well balanced with a mix of yellow noodles and bee hoon, and strips of squid and pork belly, the broth they were fried with was thick and intensely flavored, resulting in me savoring every single bite. There was wok hei even though I wouldn't deem it as exceptional. Two pathetic prawns. 

Again, why deprive me of pork lard?! 

===== 

Address
505 Beach Road, 
 Golden Mile Hawker Centre, 
#01-57, Singapore 199583

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Hokkien Mee (Small) S$5.00

No comments:

Post a Comment