Saturday, September 23, 2023

Piggy Bank Street along P. Hàng Lược @ Hanoi in Vietnam

There are two things I enjoy collecting; one of them is Absolut Vodka and the other one is more interesting as I don't think many adults would use them nowadays. Piggy banks, and I only like those that can break, and in the shape of pigs.

Therefore, you can imagine how excited I was when the GRAB we took from the airport to Hotel Bonsella drove past a street that was filled with piggy banks! I knew I had to pay it a visit and purposely saved the location. 

So many to choose from but I had to tell myself to just get one; anything more and I would risk two things. Burdening my limited baggage and the higher likelihood of breakage should I bring back to Singapore. 

In all, I think there were about five stores that concentrated on piggy banks and they were almost exclusively, about 90%, in the shape of pigs! Colors were on the bright and gaudy side though, which I can accept.

There's only one issue. Those who had been to Vietnam would know their currency is mainly in note form and it's rare to see coins. Problem for me is that I require a piggy bank with a wider slit for me to put in our Singapore coins; thickest of which would be the S$1.00 coin.

Despite their cuteness, many had slits that were too narrow; sufficient only for a folded note or a 10-cent coin. That severely limited my selection although it's a blessing in disguise since I can only buy one. 

=====

No comments:

Post a Comment