Saturday, September 16, 2023

Jewel Music Box Khatib @ HomeTeamNS Khatib in Yishun [Singapore]

During the pandemic, one of the things my siblings and I missed was our occasional karaoke sessions! Back when there was a lot of unknowns, the karaoke companies were faced to pivot given the apparent high risk of spreading the dreaded virus.

Now that we are, thankfully, living with COVID-19, it's finally time for my siblings and I to get together and belt out old songs from our era! And we found out that there's a new karaoke joint in Yishun, within HomeTeamNS Khatib

To be honest, I have not heard of Jewel Music Box but review score on Google was 4.4 and at S$15 a person for a 3-hour karaoke session on a Sunday afternoon seemed really reasonable. 

It wasn't my first time to HomeTeamNS Khatib as Orchid Live Seafood, one of my family's favourite restaurant, was located on the third floor. However, I haven't really explored the rest of the clubhouse. Interestingly, the karaoke joint was placed right next to an education centre. Not exactly a good match.

Whatever the case, let's now go through the colorful passage to our assigned room at the end; room 5. Bet the ambience would be nicer at night.  

So mesmerizing. 

Our assigned room; frankly, I was quite taken aback by the size as it was much bigger than expected, with a long sofa that can probably sit about six persons. Compared to Teo Heng, this was luxurious. 

There's even a platform where you can sing like a star and blow your kisses to your inattentive audience! Quite fun, especially when you are singing with your closest friends, and family.

Corner with the wireless handheld mics, a tambourine and even an electronic dartboard for those who might be too shy with their voices. I didn't see any darts; maybe they can be requested from the main counter. 

Need to charge your mobile phone?
Use the USB port on site; bring your own charging cable.

Two television screens; one in front of the sofa, and another one weirdly placed above the sofa! Remember the platform I shared earlier, the second television was for the "singer" standing on it! 

Table games via an LED screen. I believe we can use it and I was supposed to ask the service staff about it after our session; and I cleanly forgot. 

It's not just boring dim lights in the karaoke room; you can get special effects from the LED disco ball on the ceiling, which can be controlled from a panel.

Can't get the feel in the daytime as we had this window that brought in plenty of daylight. Without curtains, I think this would be scary at night. Imagine a face plastered to the glass while you are singing! 

Panel for us to choose songs. Not that hard to use but we had a hard time finding out the setting to adjust echo level. Anyway, Jewel Music Box would be upgrading their song selection system, hopefully for the better.

Note the corkage charge! 
Although I don't know what's the base for 70%! 

Let's sing! Acceptable sound system, and I am not complaining as it had been so long since I last had karaoke with my siblings! Sometimes, company matters more than the activity. 

My sister singing a song by Coco Lee, who committed suicide just two months ago. :( Her mistreatment by Sing! China was leaked shortly after, and many people were incensed! Seriously, this had dampened the trust for televised talent shows.

A peak of the bigger karaoke room.

Now, our cover charge of S$15 per person included free flow drinks and tidbits! The counter staff would pass the clean bowls and mugs after you make payment. 

Hot water for sachets of ginger tea, jasmine tea, green tea, red date tea, chrysanthemum tea, and white coffee, plus soft drinks like fanta grape, lemon tea, fruit punch, sprite and coke. 

Three types of tidbits - want to guess what's my favorite? 
Hint, it's quite popular when I was a kid. The wheel biscuits!  

=====

Address
2 Yishun Walk, #04-07,
HomeTeamNS Khatib, 
Singapore 767944

Map
As above.

Room Rates
As above.

Pricing
Weekend before 7pm - S$15 per person
(Subject to GST, and minimum of 3 persons)

No comments:

Post a Comment