Monday, July 31, 2023

Bamboo Cotton Factory - Toilet Break for our Day Trip to Ninh Bình @ Vietnam

When we were told to disembark and appeared in front of the bus was the above factory-like building; the thought that went through my mine was whether there would be "commissioned factory shopping" that would waste our limited time for the day tour.

The stacks of name tags for each of us, used for ease of distributing commissions to the respective tour guide, were giveaways and I was resigned to spending quite a while in the building. Experience told me there's no use arguing and saving grace was that this is a just a day trip. 

Thankfully, we were not brought into those individual rooms where further "education" would be dispensed. We were told to go straight to the toilets and then just follow the route through the retail section. 

As you have probably guessed, the products sold were made of bamboo or their fibers. I am aware of the benefits of bamboo fibers; "high moisture absorption, is anti-microbial and very breathable".

Although they were quite commonly sold in Singapore; often in atrium sales, and at prices that could be cheaper than what I could find in this factory! So to me, it's just look look see see.

Frankly, I wondered if these were for free.... 

As with most rest stations, there would always be a convenience stall for you to stock up on water and snacks! For me, it's always a place for me to check out some local specialties.

Only problem for me?
No sampling :(

=====


No comments:

Post a Comment