Thursday, July 20, 2023

Pork Satay @ The Satay Taste at Cheng San Food Centre in Ang Mo Kio [Singapore] #chensanhawkercentre

Cheng San Hawker Centre didn't have many stalls that were open for business at night and I was about to leave for the nearby coffee shop when I caught a whiff of grilled meat.

The nice aroma came from this The Satay Taste stall; I am the kind of people who could totally have satay for dinner without the need for a main meal and it did catch my attention that each pork satay cost just 70 cents when the norm nowadays would be 80 cents a stick.

I was being 'health conscious' here; just ten sticks for dinner. p.s. I did have a chocolate rice roll from the Pine Garden bakery earlier though. 

Despite the initial captivating smell that stopped me in my track, I was kind of disappointing with the appearance of the satay; there didn't seem to be much fatty parts and the meat had just small pockets of charred parts. 

Health conscious people who are looking for a cheat meal can still consider though as it was more meat than fats. In "normal" circumstances, there would be at least two parts of fat on a stick of pork satay and it's only one part here at Taste of Satay.

Saving grace for the unhealthy souls was that the meat was tender! For me, I guess I would still prefer the pork satay from my usual stall at Chong Pang; Xu Zhong Xing. p.s. peanut gravy was pretty spicy! 

=====

Address
527 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10, #01-116
Cheng San Food Centre,
Singapore 560527

Map
As above

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Pork Satay - 70 cents a stick
(Minimum 10 sticks)

No comments:

Post a Comment