Monday, November 14, 2022

Ang Mo Kio Fried Kway Teow in 2022 @ 724 AMK Central Food Centre [Singapore] #amkcenrtalhawkercentre

I was all ready to blog about this particular char kway teow stall at 724 AMK Central Food Centre that I just patronized yesterday but decided to run through my blog on comparison with another stall in the same hawker centre.

Turned out I had already blogged about it here but it was at a different location! Nevertheless, this still warranted a review as my recent experience was so different from two years ago; it could have been from another stall. 

Click here and contrast with the plate of char kway teow; while using the same plate and utensils; three things stood out. One, it wasn't as wet, and secondly, there wasn't any green, leafy vegetables. Lastly, the shade of the noodles was much lighter. p.s. my sister counted 6 cockles. 

As far as taste was concerned, there was a nice layer of wok hei and this time round; the texture of the noodles was way firmer. The sweetness was also a lot more managed now although what I enjoyed the most were the many pieces of pork lard (my sister requested for extra) that were fried together with the noodles; resulting in sinful bursts of deliciousness that were crispy and oily!

Cleaned it up! Frankly, I prefer the fried kway teow I had two years ago; back then, I love everything about it except for the mushy texture of the noodles. While it was much improved this round; the sacrifices centered on the rest of the factors. Except for maybe the pork lard.

======

Address
Block 724, Ang Mo Kio Ave 6, 
724 AMK Food Centre,#01-22, 
Singapore 560724

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Price
Char Kway Teow - S$5.00

No comments:

Post a Comment