Tuesday, November 08, 2022

Short Post on Pratunam Market @ Bangkok [Thailand]

Singaporeans love to stay at the pratunam area even though the nearest BTS station was almost an kilometer away! Main reason? It's Thailand's largest clothing market and it's not uncommon to hear of shopaholics spending days going through the small alleys in search of good buys.

As some of you are aware, I don't really shop for clothes but I don't mind checking out the pratunam market just to experience the bustle of the surroundings. Do note that there are multiple entrances to the market and rule of thumb is just to follow the crowd and explore! 

Along the way, you would find makeshift food stalls! Needless to say, I was more tempted by the food, than the clothes. Do you know the first street stall I tried in Bangkok was fried chicken wings? It was memorable and cost only about 5 baht then. 

Sometimes, I don't even know whether it's part of pratunam market but so long there is a higher proportion of  clothes stores, I presume I was in the right market. 

Bargaining is said to be a must; while I do enjoy a good buy, it's incredibly tiring to haggle and most of the times, I don't even need the stuff! Well, some would argue it's a win so long you manage to strike a good bargain! 

You can get some of the items at the nearby Platinum Fashion Mall too although expectedly more expensive given that you would be shopping under air-conditioning, which can be an essential factor given how hot and humid Bangkok is! 

Depending on sections, some were extremely crowded, especially when interested shoppers stopped to take a closer look and undertake some bargaining with the store keepers. It worsens when they have friends who want to stick together, and hence, hog up the limited space! 

Be careful of pickpockets! 
A necessary reminder. 

Empty stalls; economy is still recovering but without the Chinese tourists, I think it would still take a while. Whatever the case, this wholesale market depends a lot on local markets too but it's easier to make a killing from foreigners! 

Knock-off brands like Acme De La Vie were available. 
p.s. this brand is said to be popular among the youths. 

I would love to get some bermuda pants but without a dressing room, you wouldn't likely see me buying. As I am not tall, it's hard to purchase pants as I prefer a length above my knees! 

Anything caught your fancy?

There were some unique designs that would make the wearer stand out. Like this design with just a simple word, Human. Guess we would need this in event of alien invasions but I am guessing the aliens would likely know by noting the physical differences. 

Random photos before ending the post! 

=====




No comments:

Post a Comment