Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Live Local Cafe @ Bangkok [Thailand]

Sometimes when I am travelling, I just wanted to rest and relax. And the best way to do it, is to find an air-conditioned cafe where I can have some nice beverages, and literally do nothing else.

That's what I did on day six in Bangkok; tummy was too full and weather was too hot! I did a search on Google and found this tiny place interestingly named Live Local. 

Upon stepping in; my first though was "so Chinese"! Nothing wrong with that as the cafe is in the district of Chinatown, with Thai Chinese constituting the majority of the residents there.

I absolutely love the design of having crockery of different designs hung up on the wall, although there were suspicions that some designs appeared more Japanese than Chinese. Oh well, let's just classified them as "far eastern" to avoid any argument on cultural appropriation. 

Space has capacity for only about 10 customers; good enough number since I don't get the feeling of being overly cramped! By the way, at the back would be the 'hotel' wing where you could book accommodation. I went into one room as I needed to use the washroom and while the room was charming-looking; I would prefer hotel standard. 

Charming would be the right word as non-Asian foreigners might find it authentic, with concrete flooring, antique furniture, including clocks like the above; things that the pampered Singaporean here don't quite fancy for a night stay.

View outside the cafe.

Tea was served in such a beautiful teapot! Costing just 70 baht (although it was just twinings tea bag), I think it would be better if the cafe can also offer Chinese tea like pu-erh. 

My mocha was also in a pretty cup; creamy and chocolatey, my only complaints were that the serving size was a bit too small and the handle wasn't very handy. 

A selfie with the 'art'. Maybe I should replicate for the plain, white wall in my bedroom even though I am mindful it would add to my household chores! You can imagine the amount of dust that would rest on the crockery! 

=====

Address
5 Thanon Santiphap, Pom Prap, 
Pom Prap Sattru Phai, Bangkok 10100, Thailand

Map
As above.

Facebook Page

Operating Hours (Cafe)
10.00 am to 6.00 pm

Menu
As above. Sadly, the cafe didn't have dessert. 


No comments:

Post a Comment