Thursday, May 12, 2022

Nhung Kitchen - Vietnamese Banh Mi @ Balestier Point [Singapore]

My mom enjoys walking as much as I do and didn't bat an eyelid when I suggested walking down the almost 1.5 kilometer stretch of Balestier Road from Goh Chor Tua Pek Kong to Loong Fatt Tau Sar Piah.

Something stopped me in my track within 150 meters - the banner in front of Balestier Point with two very important words; Banh Mi. Now, I remember what I had at Ăn Là Ghiền and this was tempting! 

I run a Google search; a high rating of 4.9 with 57 reviewers! Now, this was irresistible and since I didn't have a proper brunch, I guess it shall be the Vietnamese baguette to the rescue.

It was almost noon on a public holiday but the place was relatively deserted with just four customers including my mom and I. To be fair, the eatery was only about six months ago and the balestier area was also quiet due to the renovation of its popular hawker centre and market. 

Without further ado, let me introduce you to my Bahn Mi Thit Bo Xao, translated to Vietnamese Baguette with Beef. According to the menu, there were six types of banh mi and my reason for choosing this was simple.

The fact that it had the biggest picture on the menu and indication as the editor's choice. If not for the two reasons, I would have likely gone for the best seller; bahn mi with BBQ pork. 

Good thing about Vietnamese food in general; there are a lot of vegetables! 

Taking a quick bite, the first thing that greeted me was the nice crunch of the toasted baguette! Surprisingly, the baguette wasn't thick and the next thing that met my taste buds were the burst of delicious flavors from the slices of juicy beef, the cilantro, the carrots, cucumber and turnip! 

Look at all the sauce from the beef! Every bite of the bahn mi was luxuriously satisfying (loaded with so much ingredients) and I was extremely happy to have it all to myself as my mom doesn't take beef, even though she did have a small bite of the section without the beef. 

Fulfilling meal and I would be back soon to try the bahn mi with BBQ pork and also the bun thit which was the Vietnamese dry noodles that I prefer over their soupy pho. 

=====

Address
279 Balestier Rd, #01-02, 
Balestier Point, Singapore 329727

Map
As above.

Facebook Page

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Bahn Mi Thit Bo Xao - S$8.00

No comments:

Post a Comment