Friday, May 06, 2022

Dum Briyani Mutton from Yakader Muslim Food @ Tekka Hawker Centre [Singapore] #tekkahawkercentre

It's another post for Tekka Hawker Centre as it's impossible for me to travel all the way there just to try the
supposedly legendary duck rice. One thing I noticed when I arrived at the hawker centre was the sheer amount of stalls offering nasi briyani! 

Yakader Muslim Food appeared to have the longest queue when I was there at about 11.00am on a Saturday. Just along the same stretch, there was at least five other stalls selling nasi briyani and we are not even counting a parallel section which appeared to have more.

Queue cleared quite fast and before long, I was in front of the gigantic pot that was filled to the brim! Gosh, how many plates can be served from just one pot?! Interestingly, the nasi briyani was served with hardboiled egg, which isn't the norm, although the egg lover here isn't complaining. 

$6.50 for my Dum Briyani Mutton! It may not look like much but in real life, I was taken aback by the generosity of the rice; I was almost tempted to ask him to stop as my family and I are on a starch restricted diet. 

Caked with rice was the singular piece of mutton, attached with bone. Not a big piece and while not bad tasting (loaded with spices and not gamey), the texture was on the dry side until you get the part with the fats. 

Rice was sufficiently fragrant, albeit like the mutton, on the dry side and was bland; you would need the curry to increase the wetness and the taste, unlike 47 Briyani. I did enjoy the pickled cucumbers and wish there were more as they play an important role of increasing the chance of me cleaning up the rice! 

In summary, the nasi briyani was slightly above average in my opinion. Not bad as a stomach filler given the amount of rice but with so many competing stalls, it would need more than just being "worth it" to hook the heartstrings of diners. 

=====

Address 
665 Buffalo Rd, #01–259,
Tekka Centre, Singapore 210665

Map 
As above.

Menu
As above. 

Pricing
Dum Briyani Mutton - S$6.50

No comments:

Post a Comment