Wednesday, May 04, 2022

Heng Gi Goose and Duck Rice @ Tekka Hawker Centre [Singapore] #tekkahawkercentre

I am super big on hawker centers in Singapore but it might surprise some of you that I have never tried the food in the famous tekka center even though I often passed by the towering blocks of public flats bordering it.

Briyani was supposed to be extremely popular but one stall popped out in the google search; Heng Gi Goose and Duck Rice, which was said to be legendary in the area and had been around for more than 60 years! 

One thing I love about braised duck rice is the soup and this had a light herbal flavor which, honestly, would have ranked higher if it were to taste stronger. 

Listed on Michelin, which called it soya sauce duck rice, I was so looking forward to sinking my teeth into the meat and wondering if it would be comparable to Chuan Kee Boneless Braised Duck, another braised duck stall listed on michelin, and had a branch in Yishun

The braised sauce was nice but it didn't manage to help the meat, which was inherently dry and tough. Both conditions resulted in a disappointing experience, exacerbated by the thick fatty layer of braised skin.

This is making me miss Chuan Kee Boneless Braised Duck and the epic Sia Kee or Sean Kee braised duck rice in Geylang. p.s. I could have finished the rice with the sauce and the soup but the nasi briyani stopped me from doing so.

=====

Address 
665 Buffalo Rd, #01–335,
Tekka Centre, Singapore 210665

Map 
As above.

Operating Hours
8.00 am to 3.00 pm
Closed on Sundays.

Pricing
Duck Rice for One Person - S$3.50 

No comments:

Post a Comment