Monday, May 02, 2022

Ho Yeah Nasi Lemak, with Chicken Thigh @ Food Loft Yishun Block 717 [Singapore]

Ho Yeah is actually Cantonese for "good stuff" and for someone who loves nasi lemak, it's too hard not to give this a try! Furthermore, it's supposed to be part of a chain so quality shouldn't be bad. 

Aside from the standard chicken wing / drumstick / fish set, there were also options for chicken thigh, chicken cutlet, curry chicken, beef steak and even mutton masala! 

I like tradition but couldn't resist the chicken thigh, which is my favorite part of the chicken. Whenever I have fried chicken, I am always looking forward to having the thigh! The worst part to have for me would be the chicken breast. 

As you can see, nothing fancy about the presentation at Ho Yeah Nasi Lemak; typical of what you can find in most nasi lemak stalls. But being branded, pricing was slightly higher for a pretty quiet coffee shop; chicken wing set was S$4.00 whereas mine, with the pricier thigh, was more expensive at S$5.00.

Rice was fluffy with a discernable coconut milk aroma; chilli was a tad wet although retained a spiciness with a manageable sweetness. So far so good; let's now dissect the chicken thigh. 

It didn't disappoint; moist and juicy with the thin, crispy skin being the main highlight for me. However, it tasted like a good piece of fried chicken from western stalls in hawker centers / coffeeshops, which means I am better off having just it without the rest of its nasi lemak companions.

Maybe I should ask if they could sell me two pieces of chicken thigh whenever I am on a no rice / noodle / bread diet that day. For nasi lemak in Yishun, my recommendation is still the one at block 156. For something more interesting, go for the thai style nasi lemak at block 504.

=====

Address
Block 717,  Yishun Street 71, 
#01-335, Food Loft,
Singapore 760717

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Set 3B - S$5.00

No comments:

Post a Comment