Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Cold Cheng Tng from Dessert Station @ Albert Centre Hawker Centre (Bugis) [Singapore] #albertcentrehawkercentre

I think I am obsessed with cheng tng; a friend recently commented recently that I can have the marvelous local dessert a few times a day! And to be honest, there's some truth in his comment. 

Just the other day, I was on the lookout for more food at Albert Centre Hawker Centre and lo and behold, it's a dessert stall by the name of Dessert Station. My eyes immediately veered to the cold section; hoping there would be cheng tng! 

There is and I got a bowl at S$2.00; inflation has hit us quite badly in Singapore. It didn't feel that long ago when I can still get the same dessert at S$1.50 in hawker centres. 

Not overly sweetened with quite a substantial amount of nice, dried longans within, this was a thirst quencher in the hot weather that the little red dot has been plagued with in recent months. In comparison with other cheng tngs, this was sadly just average tasting.

Frankly, I can make do without the sago and the tasteless ginkgo nuts. Now that I am quite proficient with brewing green bean soup; maybe it's time for me to learn the recipe from my mom who cooked the cheng tng the way I love them, although hers are simpler without dried winter melons, dried persimmons etc. 

=====

Address
271 Queen Street, 
#01-41, Albert Centre Food Centre,
Singapore 180271

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Cold Cheng Tng - S$2.00

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. could have been better! but i am not complaining as weather was hot. haha

      Delete