Saturday, March 12, 2022

Birds Eye Original Arctic Roll Raspberry @ NTUC Fairprice (Northpoint City Shopping Mall) in Yishun [Singapore]

During dinner with a group of friends yesterday, one of them asked if anyone of us had tried an ice cream roll from a brand called Birds Eye, which was said to be popular more than 30 years ago, but I had never heard of it. 

Coincidentally, I was waiting in line to make payment at NTUC (Northpoint City) when I spotted a familiar packaging in the freezer fridge beside me; it's the birds eye product that my friend was talking about! 

First thing; I informed my friend she could get it at NTUC. I was deliberating about the second step; should I or should I not? Decision - threw one box into my basket despite not being keen, but I was tempted as many people were apparently raving about it online. 

Ready to unbox! 

Wrapped with plastic, it was smaller than expected although I should have already known from the box. Size wise was quite similar to the 'poison' from Don Don Donki.

It was less of the sponge cake and more of the filling, which in this case was also coated with raspberry flavored sauce. Slicing it was a breeze, since the ice cream filling softened quite rapidly in our tropical climate.

Honestly, it was okay tasting; not spectacular enough to warrant a repurchase. As the filling was ice-cream, it was more delicious than the 'poison' from Don Don Donki even though I would have prefer the thicker sponge cake from the 'poison. Sweetness wise, surprisingly manageable as I was totally expecting a sugar rush.

According to the box, the arctic roll is supposed to be "a favourite with the kids and the young at heart". Sad to say, I am not a kid and I guess my heart is no longer as young. :( 

=====

Pricing
Original Arctic Roll Raspberry - S$5.45 (discounted)

No comments:

Post a Comment