Saturday, March 26, 2022

Seaplex - Largest Indoor Active Space at Sea on Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas

Seaplex, said to be the largest indoor active space at sea, was a place I didn't quite explore on my first cruise onboard Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas! Hence, for this second cruise, I made sure to sign up for some activities, including the ever popular bumper car

Above would be the other activities that one could sign up for. Do note they were restrictions (e.g. 20-minutes, "two reservations per stateroom", which means a max of just two activities) although I am unsure if they had been changed given the upcoming easing of safe management measures in Singapore.

Given that they were capacity limits, spectators wouldn't be allowed entry. 

We signed up for table tennis and were given a bag consisting of sanitized (I assumed) table tennis bats and ping pong balls. To be frank, I am hesitant to play table tennis with Alex as he is super competitive and has played with national players. 

The "full-size basketball court" that has multi-purpose usage; it can be converted into a play area for bumper cars, or into courts for pickleball (what the heck is this?).

There's even a second level at the Seaplex, and that's where I am going to get thrashed in table tennis! Time to take the stairs. p.s. don't think there's a lift.

Passage with drop down curtains on one side for safety reason as the court below was transformed for the pickleball activity, which appeared quite interesting once I saw how it was played. 

Our assigned table tennis table.

I lasted played table tennis with Alex a long time ago; maybe about a decade ago and I knew for a fact he has improved over the years whereas I had not held a bat since then. The bat that was given by the cruise operator had a strange, plastic texture.

As expected, it was a humiliating defeat; I had to beg Alex to be slower in the ball delivery and absolutely no smacking! God knows how many times I had to pick up the balls within the 20-minute session.

Checking the rest of the space given the opportunity. The bumper cars were parked on level one, when not in used, and elevated to free up the space to accommodate more bumper cars

Pickle ball seemed like a cross between tennis and table tennis, played in a badminton court! I played tennis once with a friend and it was so tiring as the court was so big and my short legs found it hard to chase after the ball! 

Doghouse from level two - it's the place where you can get free flow hot dogs at no additional charge since it's covered as part of your cruise. Check out my review here.

The Xboxes which you can also reserved as part of the activity. Honestly, Alex and I are not so much into video consoles and prefer computer games like Overwatch, Diablo 3

Foosball is a game for my era although again; not really my cup of tea and it's really more fun when you have more friends playing the game. With just Alex and I, Xbox seemed more appealing.

Some arcade machines were placed here too! I thought they should belong to the Challenger's Arcade next to Seaplex. p.s. it's connected to Seaplex but access was blocked due to the need for segregation.

I don't mind laser hockey, also known as air hockey in Singapore but a bloody game cost $2.00. That's in US dollars by the way. Too stingy to pay for this when there are other options.

Whenever I was jogging along the track on deck 15 of the cruise ship, I always noticed cut-outs of a bear and a panda on glass windows on a higher deck. I finally found out their locations! 

Here're the panda, and the bear. 

Selfie time for both of them since I doubt I would have a chance to do so in the future since the Quantum of the Seas would be leaving Singapore for Alaska in April.

Sorry for the blurred photo; the above shows a list of sports activities which was for the first 28-signs up with registration starting only 15 minutes before the start time. As someone who is not into sports, it's fair to confirm I didn't sign up for any.

=====

To find out what more to do do at Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas, click here for the summary of my first cruise, which was taken in August 2021. Not much has changed actually, except for changes related to safe management measures.

No comments:

Post a Comment