Thursday, March 03, 2022

Divoom Tivoo Max - The Speaker with Pixel Art Animation

Men love gadgets and unfortunately, it doesn't quite diminish with age. Unlike men my age who would likely go for pricey gadgets like cars; my salary can only afford me things that are not priced beyond the hundreds' range.

For example, the captivating Divoom Tivoo Max! It's a speaker and those who know me well would be aware I am a tone-deaf guy and are not particular with sound quality. However, it's not the speaker that appeals to me; it's the pixel art visualization screen, which was so retro-cool, that caught my eye! 

Don't you love the feeling of unboxing?! The anticipation for the product and the things that you may find within! I found some cards which had been scratching my head. What would they be used for? Publicity?

Turned out they are postcards! Well, I am more for efficiency and snail mail is just intolerably long compared to email. Not to mention that no one would know what I am writing with my horrendous handwriting.

Stickers with pixel art. Guess I can still pass to my niece; I am long past the age where I would paste stickers on my gadgets, and I simply don't have the eye for placement 'design'.

After connecting to the power source via a USB-C USB cable, it's time to switch on the button at the back! There are engraved buttons on top where you can adjust the volume. The silver knob at the side is to toggle the different visualizations you can set, including time. There's another small button below the knob where you can choose between bluetooth connection or direct connection via an audio jack.

Dimensions of the speaker: 16.31cm wide, 8.61cm deep and 18.44cm tall, weighing about 1.5 kilograms. Just the right size for my table! It comes in black, white and red and given that my house is generally black, white and grey; I think red would add to a splash in color. 

Isn't it a beauty? 

To truly appreciate the functions and features of Divoom Tivoo Max, you have to download the app and connect it to the device. This would allow you to create your own pixel art for the speaker, set alarm, key in reminders for important events and many more! 

Am I loving it?
Of course! 

=====

Purchase From
You can buy direct from Divoom website but unless there is a big discount, it may not be worth the cost for you to ship over to Singapore. Another option is Shopee, which is cheaper but warranty is only 3 months. I got mine from TK Foto at Funan; S$152 after member discount (free sign up) and came with 1 year warranty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment