Wednesday, March 09, 2022

A Game of Bumper Cars in Seaplex @ Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas

The failure to secure a spot for bumper cars at Seaplex, said to be the "largest indoor active space at sea", in my
last cruise onboard Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas didn't affect me as I have never been a fan. 

But since it's a free activity, I took the opportunity to reserve for a session on the Royal Caribbean's app after I boarded the ship for my second cruise that took place last month. Do keep in mind the age and height restrictions, and the need to wear covered sports shoes.

Be prepared to queue! My session was at 6.00pm and this was the long line when I reached the entrance of Seaplex, five minutes before the allocated timing. 

It cleared pretty quickly though since reservation is a must and those who didn't reserve and happily line up would not be allowed entry. People would insist but I am glad the staff members were firm yet polite with such unreasonable requests. 

So cute to see all the bumper cars so neatly displayed! Do you know that this was the first time I am literally in Seaplex?! On my first cruise, the closest I had been was either at the counter or at the doghouse.

You are free to choose your own bumper car, be it color or number. I am not particular but I do the bright yellow shine bouncing of this number 19 car.

One person, one car, even though it can sit two persons. I seldom drive bumper car all by myself; the last time I did that, I was going in circles. Max embarrassment. p.s. benefit of not being tall; I fit in nicely. 

Done with the 'bumping'! Surprisingly, I did a pretty decent job in avoiding the rest of the cars although it helped that the activity area was large and there weren't that many cars, maybe due to the need to limit crowd. 

The dis-organized bumper cars after our session; as there would be a few sessions for the timing, the crew would sanitize the cars before inviting the next group of users. The Seaplex is a multi-purpose space and I shall be sharing more soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment